Hello Blog readers, today I want to tell you all about JournalTOCS. It’s something that I as a librarian in the healthcare sector subscribe to and value as part of my daily information gathering routine.
What is it?
It’s basically a current awareness service where once you sign up you can discover the newest research papers in your chosen field or in a particular subject area which might be of interest to you, so although I primarily use JournalTOCS for medical/healthcare related information I’m also interested in American literature so I get updates on any new papers in that subject area too! So….
Why should you use it?
in a nutshell… because
- it’s free to sign up http://www.journaltocs.hw.ac.uk/
- you can select from a wide range of journals to have information about the latest research papers emailed to you via RSS feeds
- many of the journals are OA (open access)
- you can link out to the journal web page
- it covers 73 subject areas including
- medical science
- business and economics
- health and safety
- nutrition and dietetics
- pharmacy and pharmacology AND
- library and information science
- each of the subject areas are then subdivided so you can drill down and find exactly what you’re looking for, below is a snapshot of what happens when we open up the medical sciences subject area
We like to help so…
If you want anymore information about JournalTOCS send us a message on this blog, alternatively you can reach us via our Twitter or if you prefer Facebook drop us a message and we will get back to you. Alternatively you can email us or come and see us because we would love to see you 🙂