Every day across the healthcare sector in England more than a million decisions are made that have a profound and lasting impact on people’s lives and which influence the quality of healthcare delivered and the cost of services.
#AMillionDecisions is a campaign being headed by CILIP and Health Education England which calls on government and health service providers to make use of the skills of librarians and knowledge specialists n meeting their obligations under The Health and Social Care Act 2012.
“Under the Health and Social Care Act 2012, there is a responsibility for health services to make best use of evidence obtained from research.”
As well as an extensive range of healthcare titles (view our full catalogue here) did you know that Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust Staff Library Service also offers,provides,facilitates and/or supports:
- 24/7 access to PC’s and quiet study space
- Access to online resources (including journals,eBooks & apps) via NHS OpenAthens
- Current awareness services (e.g. What’s New? and Non-Medical Prescribers Bulletin)
- Document supply services (journal articles)
- Inter-library lending
- Literature searches
- Healthcare database training
- Critical appraisal training (understanding research articles)
- Clinical & non-clinical professional development
and much more..
The team is committed to delivering the right evidence, at the right time, to support all staff working from “bedside to boardroom”. Contact us to find out how we can help to support you.