This week is National Apprenticeship Week (#NAW2018). The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust staff library has a range of resources & services available to Apprentices working within The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust, which we are going to focus on in this blog post.
The library holds a selection of books to support apprentices, both clinical & non-clinical. Titles which may be of particular interest include:
- ‘Cite them right : the essential referencing guide (10th ed)’ by Pears & Sheilds
- ‘Great ways to learn anatomy and physiology (2nd ed) by McKissock
- ‘The studyskills handbook (4th ed) by Cottrell
- ‘NVQ/SVQ Level 2 Health and Social Care Candidate Handbook’ by Nolan
- Medical receptionists and secretaries handbook (4th ed) by Robbins
Amongst library stock you’ll also find a selection of books available on a range of other topics. You can view our full library catalogue online here.
For the latest information on our available online resources please visit the library webpage at www.midyorks.nhs.uk/library-resources.
An NHS OpenAthens account is your key to lots of online resources, from journals to point of care tools.
- NHS, CCG & GP practice staff & placement students are eligible for a free NHS OpenAthens account.
- If you need toregister for an NHS OpenAthens account you can self-register online here.
- Our registration help guide can be found on the library website (here) or a paper copy can be picked up from the library.
- More information on NHS OpenAthens can be found in this blog post.
- Details of online journals the service has access to can be found here. You will need to be logged in with your NHS Athens account to see all content the service is subscribed to.
Other useful links
- National Apprenticeship Week website
- NHS Health Education England Apprenticeships page
- NHS Health Education England Health Careers page
- The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust apprenticeships page
- The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust Facebook page & The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust Twitter page – sharing Trust apprentice profiles throughout National Apprenticeship week
If you’d like further information about library resources/services please do not hesitate to get in touch with us or pop in and see us (we’re based on the ground floor in Trust HQ).
For further information regarding apprenticeships within the Trust please contact Debbie Swanston (Lead for Trust Induction & Apprenticeships).
Natasha on behalf of ‘The Library Team’