From April 2018 there has been a couple of changes to our online resources. Below you’ll find a list of resources which are available to access with your NHS OpenAthens account.
An NHS OpenAthens account is your key to access lots of online resources, from journals to eBooks, to point of care tools.
- All The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust staff and students on placement are eligible for an NHS OpenAthens account.
- If you need to register for an NHS OpenAthens account you can self-register online here. If you already have an NHS OpenAthens account but have forgotten your log in details please click here.
- Our registration help guide can be found on the library website (here) or a paper copy can be picked up from the library.
- Find out more about what an NHS OpenAthens account can do for you in this blog post.
- 1000’s of online journals are available to access with your NHS OpenAthens account, including the Wiley Medical & Nursing Collection.
- Details of all online journals the service has access to can be found here. You will need to be logged in with your NHS Athens account to see all content the service is subscribed to.
- Healthcare databases advanced search (HDAS) – search MEDLINE, EMBASE, CINAHL, PsycINFO, AMED, British Nursing Index, HMIC and Health Business Elite. Sign in with NHS OpenAthens account required.
- Our access to the Oxford Medicine online continues. Staff/students can access over 130 highly regarded titles including the the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine and the Oxford Textbook of Trauma and Orthopaedics to name just a few. You can find a full list of titles in the collection here [pdf] 110KB).
- New titles added to the Oxford Medicine online collection include Head, Neck and Dental Emergencies (2nd ed) & Oxford Handbook of Geriatric Medicine (3rd ed).
- See our E-Books- OUP Handbooks & Textbooks blog post for more information onaccessing the eBooks.
- You can access the collection here or via the library catalogue.
Point of care tools
We no longer have access to Anatomy.TV. We do however continue to have access to:
- BMJ Best Practice is a decision-support tool for use at the point of care. You can access it free via the internet or via an app (an NHS OpenAthens account is required for both access methods). See our BMJ Best Practice blog for more information on this resource.
- The Royal Marsden Manual Online is a key Nursing resource which provides up-to-date, evidence-based guidelines for over 200 procedures, related to every aspect of a person’s care. This resource is also available in print from the Staff Library.
- The British National Formulary (BNF) includes advice of clinical experts and is continually updated to reflect the latest evidence from credible sources worldwide. BNF provides up-to-date guidance on prescribing, dispensing, and administering medicines. You can access it free via the internet or via an App.
- The British National Formulary for Children (BNFC) presents essential practical information to help healthcare professionals prescribe, monitor, supply, and administer medicines for childhood disorders. You can access it for free via the internet or via an app.
If you’d like further information please do not hesitate to get in touch or pop in and see us (we’re based on the ground floor in Trust HQ).
Natasha on behalf of ‘The Library Team’