Hello Blog readers, today I want to tell you all about JournalTOCS. It’s something that I as a librarian in the healthcare sector subscribe to and value as part of my daily information gathering routine.
What is it?
It’s basically a current awareness service where once you sign up you can discover the newest research papers in your chosen field or in a particular subject area which might be of interest to you, so although I primarily use JournalTOCS for medical/healthcare related information I’m also interested in American literature so I get updates on any new papers in that subject area too! So….
Why should you use it?
in a nutshell… because
- it’s free to sign up! http://www.journaltocs.hw.ac.uk/
- you can select from a wide range of journals to have information about the latest research papers emailed to you via RSS feeds. You can choose to receive emails daily,weekly or monthly (depending on your preference)
- you can save articles and export/share details (max 100 articles in the free version)
- you can link out to the journal web page
- it covers 73 subject areas including
- medical science
- business and economics
- health and safety
- nutrition and dietetics
- pharmacy and pharmacology AND
- library and information science
- each of the subject areas are then subdivided so you can drill down and find exactly what you’re looking for, below is a snapshot of what happens when we open up the medical sciences subject area
NB: As of May 2018 a maximum of 15 journals can be followed in the free version of JournalTOCs.
We like to help so…
If you want anymore information about JournalTOCS or would like some help getting set up, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Or why not pop in and see us because we would love to see you 🙂